Thursday, April 10, 2014

Whitney's Update 10APR2014

I am backing off from doing daily updates as I am trying to figure out how to get back to work and balance our lives. I am currently thinking of long post updates a couple of times a week with smaller fill ins on the Team Whitney facebook page. Lisa will be able to update the facebook page and I will still handle the blog as I am traveling from place to place.

Later today I will be meeting with by boss Pat to try and figure out a work schedule that makes sense for everyone involved. Riley County has been very good to me and I want to make sure that I am doing right by them. Lisa will be going back to KU Med today and I will be staying in Leonardville and will be traveling back and forth as my schedule allows.

Enough about that nonsense, lets get to why you came here and that is to find out how Whitney is doing. From what we can tell by her white blood cell counts, she has bottomed out on the chemo treatment and is starting to recover from that. Her nausea is subsiding and she is staying awake a little longer now. We were elated to learn that she was cancer free in her spinal canal. The game plan form here is pretty clear. First step is remission next is finding a donor.

Mail has been coming at a steady pace and she about has her window covered with cards. She is listening to us read to her, but she still doesn't have the energy to read the cards or read the facebook posts on her own yet. She doesn't even want to watch movies right now, we get a little ways into them and she wants to shut them off so she can sleep.

Bonnie came by for another visit. Whitney was looking forward to that and she said all day long that she wanted to take a walk with Bonnie. Whitney is weak enough now that she has a hard time just standing and shuffling around the room. She did make it to the wheel chair though and we took a walk around the 4th floor of the hospital.

All in all it has been a good couple of days. I probably won't write again until sometime Sunday, so keep an eye on the facebook page for updates.

Oops, I almost forgot, we are getting very close on getting the t-shirt deal ready to go. The design is being finalized, the printer is lined up and ready to go. I hope to have an order form on this site in the next couple of days once we figure out the logistics of handling the shirts. Stay tuned, we will push out info on here and the facebook page when we are ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.